lunes, 13 de agosto de 2018

Shhhhhh. it's a secret! First day activities!

So, here's my little secret. My first day of class will not consist of me struggling through names, strictly reading my syllabus and rules, or anything else that has to do with "housekeeping," unless it is requested by a student.

Here is what I will be doing on my first day Spanish 1 classes.

First, we do a little movement and input activity. Yes! My goal is always to start my classes in Spanish. So we will start by finding a partner or group.... Here are some of the find a partner sentence ideas (you may have to invent some based on what you see in your classroom). You might want to have a few pictures prepared to demonstrate a word more efficiently. The most important rule of this activity is that no one gets left out ever (oh oops am I sneaking a classroom expectation in here...maybe :)

So here we go:
- Look for a group that has the same color...
       shirt
       shoes
       hair
       socks
       backpack
-Look for a group that writes with the same hand as you
- Look for a group that writes with the same writing thing you write with (pen or pencil)


- Which do you prefer....
      cats vs. dogs
      pop vs. country music
      plants vs. pets
      being inside vs. being outside
      running vs. swimming

Ok, after this activity, which I will keep snappy, short, and focused we will play a name game, Where students will practice the basic introduction of "my name is" "what is your name." We will practice this phrasing while wandering the room forming groups. Finally, we will go around the classroom and see who can say everybody's name (if there is time).

What will your first day of class look like?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario